Free Speech In Porkie Society and liberal brain rot

General chat
RedAlert
Lieutenant

Free Speech In Porkie Society and liberal brain rot

Post by RedAlert »

"It's OK to deplatform X person because actually it's not the government and it's a private company"

"you can build your own platform!"

"Private companies are not the government therefore there is no violation of free speech!"
retard collection.jpg
retard collection.jpg (110.49 KiB) Viewed 489 times
Porkie.jpg
Porkie.jpg (31.61 KiB) Viewed 489 times
As Communists we understand our relation to the bourgeois dictatorship (ie. the State of a capitalist society) that under this dictatorship we have no free speech.
Now, to be honest, I feel like this is a severe weak point of communists. Rightoids will get censored then do a day session for youtube/tiktok with duct tapes on their mouths about their censorship in comparison to communists who have no expectation of free speech in porkie society so sit back and go "yeah, I had no expectation my account on X application would last much longer"
I've been censored off so many platforms (oft times even when I'm self censoring to avoid this deplatforming!) that I'm no longer shocked nor surprised. It is more like a game where you create accounts and see how long until they pull the plug on you.

What does my tree in is how liberals will insist free speech is free speech if the policing is done by a private corp but at the same time demand government censorship of language in realms of identity politics
JoeySteel
Lieutenant

Post by JoeySteel »

Domenico Losurdo in Liberalism a counter history points out that capitalist (liberal)society was birthed out of the twin holocausts of slavery and colonialism. The American liberal revolutionaries of the 18th century were in the same breath able to insist they were the greatest enablers of freedom (as Americans still insist) whilst completely ignoring the fact they were literal slave drivers.
The self-styled champions of liberty branded taxation imposed without their explicit consent as synonymous with despotism and slavery. But they had no scruples about exercising the most absolute and arbitrary power over their slaves. This was a paradox: ‘How is it’, Samuel Johnson asked, ‘that we hear the loudest yelps for liberty from the drivers of negroes?’ Across the Atlantic, those who sought to contest the secession ironized in similar fashion. Thomas Hutchinson, royal governor of Massachusetts, rebuked the rebels for their inconsistency or hypocrisy: they denied Africans those rights that they claimed to be ‘absolutely inalienable’ in the most radical way imaginable.46 Echoing him was an American loyalist (Jonathan Boucher), who, having taken refuge in England, revisited the events that forced him into exile and observed: ‘the most clamorous advocates for liberty were uniformly the harshest and worst masters of slaves’.47
Domenico Losurdo, Liberalism: A Counter History

Todays liberals insist that the United States is a force of global good and everyone secretly aspires to be American (ie. the "global citizen"). That the rational end point of human progress is American society.

For the liberal the "freedom" they speak of is the freedom of capitalists.

It's not really a surprise that the freedom they champion is nonsensical and contradictory. As liberals continue down their path of degeneration their shrieks of "freedom" get louder.

Speech today could cost you your job, your livelihood, your bank account, your business (payment systems etc).
Liberals today believe that is deserved.
Gemini
Lieutenant

Post by Gemini »

CCool on liberalism